5Point Credit Union $10,000 Simple Steps Sweepstakes
- ELIGIBILITY: No purchase, account opening or loan necessary to enter. Entrants must be legal U.S. residents and 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Prize is non-transferable. Employees of 5Point Credit Union (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the promotion. Limit one entry per loan. Each funded loan will be automatically entered into the sweepstakes. The promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The 5Point Credit Union $10,000 Simple Steps Sweepstakes promotion runs from September 14, 2020, through November 20, 2020.
- ENTRY: During the promotion period, eligible members will be automatically entered in the promotional drawing to win the daily prizes and the two grand prizes each time they fund a loan at Sponsor. To enter the drawing without securing loan financing from Sponsor, clearly print name, address, telephone number and the words “5Point $10,000 Simple Steps Sweepstakes” on a 3” x 5” card and mail the card to 5Point $10,000 Simple Steps Sweepstakes, 5Point Credit Union, P.O. Box 1366, Nederland, TX 77627. Entries must be mailed to be received at Sponsor by the November 20, 2020, deadline. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, damaged, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries not received by the deadline. Entries by entry card and automatically generated entries have equal chances of winning. Limit one entry per person.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. Decisions made by Sponsor are final. By entering the giveaway, you agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and these official rules. You and your entries may be disqualified if you attempt to circumvent these official rules. The promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Winners who are of legal age of majority, by entering the drawing, agree to grant to Sponsor, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, in any media including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, at any time or times, their names and pictures for Sponsor’s advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Further, by accepting the prize, winners agree to release Sponsor from any and all liability arising from acceptance, possession, use, loss or misuse of the prize.
- DRAWING: Eligible entries automatically generated or received by mail will be eligible for a chance to win $1,000 in a daily cash drawing. A $1,000 cash prize will be given away each business day, for a total of 50 business days, during promotional period. Daily entries will accumulate throughout the promotion. A limit of one $1,000 cash prize per entrant. $1,000 winners will be eligible for the grand prize drawings. Two $10,000 cash prizes to be given away at the end of promotional period. Two winners will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to receive the two $10,000 Simple Steps Sweepstakes valued at $10,000. The drawing for the $10,000 prizes will be held on Wednesday, December 9, 2020.
- PRIZES/ODDS: Odds of winning for the $1,000 weekly prize for 50 weeks = 2:77. Odds of winning for the $10,000 grand prize for two entrants = 2:1925. Need not be present to win. Prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal income taxes associated with the awarding of the prizes. Sponsor is required to file a 1099‑MISC tax form in the name of the winner for the value of the prize. Winnings will be deposited into a member’s account via ACH or through a standard check sent via United States Post Office if a non-member.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail and will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release and a W9 within 14 days of being informed they are the winner. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize, and a new winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries. Illegible registration forms will not be considered. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- PUBLICITY: Each winner agrees to permit Sponsor to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Sponsor materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. The winner’s name will be available at all Sponsor locations.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, loss or use of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any applications that are received after the promotional period. Winner is responsible for any taxes. Subject to certain exceptions, the cash value of the Prize must be included on your tax return as taxable income. Please consult your tax advisor. The promotion and drawing are governed by these Official Rules and the laws of the State of Texas. Any dispute regarding the drawing shall be resolved only in a state or federal court location in or near Nederland, Texas.
- For the name of the winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: $10,000 Simple Steps Sweepstakes Winner, 5Point Credit Union, Marketing Department, PO Box 1366, Nederland, Texas 77627. Requests for the winner’s name must be received by December 31, 2020.
Loans subject to standard 5Point Credit Union credit granting criteria.
SERVICE • COMMUNITY • ACCOUNTABILITY • TEAMWORK • LOYALTY